Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pre Tournament fish (8/19/09)

Today we have Gary Carruthers, his brother and their wife's fishing with us, Gary's been coming to Kona as long as I can remember fishing with my father. He's got pictures of me when I was just a little fella running around the cockpit.
He chartered us for four days, one pre fish day before the tournament, and three days during the Big Island Marlin Tournament.
Today was pretty relaxed, we just wanted to test the waters to see where we should fish during the tournament, if we catch one great if not no big deal. We'll we caught one, right during lunch, all of us were enjoying fresh sashimi that Josh cut up in the galley when the marlin hooked up. Nice warm up for Gary, little 140 pounder to refresh his angling techniques. We lost a Short-nose spearfish after that. I marked a few fish during the day giving me a good idea of the latest conditions to help my decision this weekend.
Wish us luck!

Aloha, Capt. Teddy Hoogs
www.kilakilasportfishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment