Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Repeat Clients 6/25/09

The Conboy's have fished with us for a number of years.  This year was pretty special, we started the morning off with marking a cluster of marlin, yes a cluster.  At first I didn't know what I was looking at on the depth sounder, but I soon learned my first guess was correct.  We raised a blue up on the short-bait, shortly after one was up on the short rigger, and before I knew it we had one up on every single lure.  That something I've never seen from blue marlin before, having more then two up at once is pretty rare, and five up at once is pretty special.  One of the five we had up looked to be around 500#'s, one female and 4 males.  We managed to only stick one of the five and tag & release it.  We went through the day to miss a couple more marlin, and see another special sight.  We came across one of the smallest whale sharks I've seen, about 12 feet in length.  We got Mr. Conboy and Josh in the water swimming with it.  They were pretty excited to end the day swimming with a whale shark!

Aloha, Capt. Teddy Hoogs
www.kilakilasportfishing.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment