Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friends Dave and Sio from Seattle big blue (10/28/09)

A couple of friends of my girlfriend and I, chartered us today, total novice anglers just enjoying the experience of big game fishing. My goal was to show them a good time on the water and maybe hook them into some small tuna around a buoy. Not promising them any luck on a 1/2 day with anything big we went out of the harbor at 9:00 a.m. After my co-Captain Jason Holtz, normally the Captain of the Marlin Magic, gave Dave and family a run down of the tackle and angling techniques they were ready.
We missed about a 400 pound marlin after the run down, total bonus for them to at least see the excitement that happens when a fish is up after a lure. That one got away, just when the buzz was wearing off of that fish, up we raise another one. Jason yells out, "there she is on the long corner". I get my eyes out of the binoculars just in time to see it eat. Great bite inside out, head and shoulders out of the water, all time bite! Does a lot of beautiful jumps after it gets hooked, 20 minute fight we get her on leader for some pictures. We took the hooks out and estimated the fish at 575-600 pounds. Great bonus for some good friends of ours.

I'm glad Jason and I were able to exceed their expectations, and ours for that matter!

Aloha, Capt. Teddy Hoogs
www.kilakilasportfishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment